Guest Post from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
October is National Women’s Small Business Month, a time to celebrate the growth and accomplishments of women-owned small businesses and the vital role they play in our economy.
But to us, supporting women-owned businesses is more than just a campaign; it’s the core of what we do. WBENC (Women’s Business Enterprise National Council) is the nation’s largest certifier of women-owned businesses and a leading advocate for women business owners and entrepreneurs.
Through the certification, women-owned businesses gain access to a vast network of support, including targeted business opportunities for certified women-owned firms, increased visibility in corporate and government supply chains, education and development programs to spur growth and increase capacity, and networking and mentorship opportunities with thousands of women entrepreneurs and those who support them.
Simply speaking, certification opens doors for women-owned businesses and provides the tools and resources to help them grow and succeed.
If you are a woman business owner or aspiring entrepreneur, here are a few ways WBENC Certification could help your business:
- Gain access to contacts at hundreds of major corporations and federal, state and local government entities. WBENC only partners with corporations and government entities who are dedicated to supplier diversity, meaning they are specifically looking to increase spend with women-owned suppliers.
- Make meaningful connections with potential clients and fellow entrepreneurs at national events, featuring formal and informal opportunities to meet with and pursue business with corporations and other women-owned businesses.
- Spend time on developing your business and positioning for future growth through educational programming, mentoring, capacity development programs, and other business tools and resources.
- Benefit from a vast community of support from other female business owners and like-minded professionals all dedicated to the growth and success of women-owned businesses.
- Market yourself as a women-owned business with the Women Owned Logo, only available for use by certified businesses.
Get started: learn more about the certification process here.